- Laclotte, M, (1987), 'The Musee d'Orsay', London, Thames and Hudson.
This book was picked because of it's topics on French Modernist art, as I'm interested in focusing solely on the development or art in France. Classification: 708.44
- Gablik, S, (2004), 'Has Modernism Failed?', London, Thames and Hudson.
This book will be relevant because it will give an insight into the changes that occurred and the impact it had, whether it was for the good or bad. Classification: 701.1
- Johnson, D, (1987), 'The Age of Illusion: art and politics in France 1918-1940', London, Thames and Hudson.
This is another book which focuses on Modernity in France. I like this one because go how it is already linking the two subjects together, which will make it easier when gathering information. Classification: 709.44
- Bernard, E, (2004), 'Modern Art, 1905-1945), Edinburgh, Chambers.
I though this publication would be of use because it gives a general overview on Modern Art. The time period is also quite small which will hopefully lead it to give more detailed information. Classification: 709.06
- Meecham, P, (2000), 'Modern Art: a critical introduction', London, Routledge.
Because this book is an introduction into the subject I think it will be helpful to look through to help brush up my understanding of the topic. Classification: 709.06