Thursday 24 November 2011

Aesthetics.

Here are five examples of design that I find aesthetically pleasing...


I was really attracted to this image, I love the surreal style that has been created with colour, mirroring and shape. My favourite part of the image is the kaleidoscopic pattern in the centre, I like how the clever use of shape and colour help to create the three dimensional appearance.


I love the creation of texture in this collaged piece, with how all the separate layers combine to make a really interesting composition. The colours also really appeal to me and I like how they have been overlaid on the imagery.


With this piece I was drawn in by the interesting concept. I also like the style of type and simplicity of appearance with leads you to focus no the main information being communicated.


I really love the contrast in this piece with the shape, colour and pattern. It creates a lot of levels and points of interest around the composition and really defines different areas. It is also very surreal which I think adds to the effect.


I was really drawn to this illustration because of the strong colour and how it has been used to portray such a detailed structure, with light and shadow also working to give a three dimensional appearance.

Five Most Important Aesthetic Qualities...
  • Colour
  • Texture
  • Collage
  • Contrast
  • Mixed Media
Five Experience to undertake...
  • Try different types of new food.
  • Undertake workshop to learn new skills.
  • Meet new people.
  • Visit a new city.
  • Sky dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment